Why should I join The NYMS?
There are several reasons why you may want to join the Society:
- Members don’t pay anything to go on mushroom walks and only members can go to our early Spring Morel Breakfast and morel hunts.
- We also have a couple of weekend foray events for members only.
- Our annual Society dinner price for members is $10 less than guests.
- And we have occasional tastings and lectures that only members will know about.
- Our summer and fall mushroom ID sessions are only for members.
- Also, NYMS members are eligible to attend Northeast Mycological Federation Forays.
- Members also receive the quarterly newsletter.
- Members receive a discounted membership rate for NAMA.
Please note: Due to the Coronavirus, all NYMS member walks for the 2020 season are on hold until further notice. Walks will resume when it is deemed safe for groups to assemble. When this becomes possible, we will email members appropriate information. In an effort to bring the Society informative, entertaining, and educational programming, we will be scheduling online lectures and presentations using Zoom. We will also continue to hold our Foul Weather Friends mushroom identification sessions as online Zoom sessions.
How can I join?
Apply Online (Pay Via Credit Card)
You may now apply to NYMS online and pay via credit card. Current members can also pay their annual dues. Please note that these transactions take up to two weeks to be processed.
Apply By Mail (Pay Via Check)
To pay by check, download and complete the NYMS2020Membership, and send it with your check to our Treasurer at the address on the form.
NYMS Dues Policy
Membership is paid for the calendar year, with dues payable on January 1. All memberships are renewable for $20.00. Active members are entitled to our publications, our meetings and events, and the discounted membership rate for NAMA.
On April 1 of each year, memberships that haven’t been renewed are considered lapsed and require a new application. Please note that invitations to the mid-April Morel Breakfast are mailed only to paid members.
Current members can now renew and pay online via Paypal.